Skip to main content

NCAA Eligibility Information


In order to participate in Division I or Division II athletics as a freshman (or a transfer sophomore) and receive athletically based financial aid, you must register with the NCAA Initial-Eligibility Clearinghouse and meet academic and amateurism eligibility standards.  You will need a valid U.S. Social Security Number and a MasterCard or VISA (debit or credit) card.  If you do not have a credit or debit card, you may register using a check or money order by following the instructions in Section VII of the registration form.  If you received a fee waiver for the ACT or SAT exam and are requesting a waiver of the Clearinghouse fee, you may indicate this in Section VII.  Print out the Student Release Form for the fee waiver and give it to your counselor to complete and send in with the school seal.  Note that your registration will not be processed until the Clearinghouse receives a fee waiver confirmation from your high school counselor.  Students should apply for certification after junior year in high school.  If students have attended multiple high schools since ninth grade, you must have an official transcript from each school.

Important:Official transcripts and test scores must be sent directly to the Clearinghouse.  These documents cannot be faxed or submitted online.  If a document is not received in an official high school envelope or is received with the student’s return address, this document could be marked as “unofficial.”

Test scores must come to the Clearinghouse directly from the testing agencies (selection of the Clearinghouse can be made using code “9999”).  Please note that the Clearinghouse cannot use Student Score Reports and test scores photocopied from a Student Score Report.

Go to the NCAA website and check that you have completed the necessary core (academic) courses to qualify.  (Complete the Div. I and/or Div. II worksheet.)  Check the website for a list of approved core courses using your school code (see list below).


Online Website:
Apply for certification after your junior year in high school.

  1. Click on “Prospective Student-Athletes.”
  2. Click on “Registration Form for US Students.”
  3. Follow instructions to complete the application.
  4. Don’t forget to complete the Amateur Athlete Affidavit.

Additional Information:

To register with the Clearinghouse, you will need to do the following:

  • Create a pin number.
  • Complete the student release form and give it to the registrar at your school.
  • Complete the amateurism certification by signing the 10.1 statement.
  • Pay the $60 fee online with a credit card.
  • Send a transcript (after junior year grades are on the transcript).
  • Have testing agency send the SAT or ACT scores to the Clearinghouse.
  • After graduation and before school closes for the summer, you must request a final transcript to be sent to the NCAA to confirm graduation from high school.


  • CVHS: 051313
  • GHS: 051050
  • HHS: 051060
  • La Cañada: 051312
  • Flintridge Sacred Heart: 052380
  • Flintridge Prep: 052375
  • St. Francis: 051311
  • Home Schooled: 969999
  • Hillside: 051307

** If you have questions regarding NCAA eligibility, please contact your student’s counselor. **